Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1

In looking at the intro week for the course and the readings I learned a couple of interesting things already. I loved the bio article from the school library journal that gave an interesting background on Dewey. It was nice to read a little on what he was about so I can now discuss that in class if needed. I also liked the Dewy rap. I put both those links on my school library blog. Hopefully they get used as I do promote them.

In looking forward to the course outline I'm looking forward to learning some background for cataloguing as I feel this is a weakness for me. I heard the Sears book for the first time last week and I wasn't sure what it was and seeing that was also in the course outline will also be good.

Most of the diploma courses have been great. I've been able to take something away from each class. Often I was doing what was discussed but I didn't know the rational why and the proper terminology, so the courses have given me that ability to speak like a professional TL that knows the issues.

Learning how to create a webpage will also be a good skill too!

No comments:

Post a Comment